ECOPAC Converter - an award winning shore power solution
ECOPAC® Converter - an award winning shore power solution
ECOPAC® Converter is an environmentally friendly solution if you have a need to convert voltage and frequency between the supply and the consumer.
The chosen principles ensure that no CO2, Nitrogen and Sulfur oxide are emitted. At the same time, the solution does not contain harmful liquids that can leak and contaminate.
ECOPAC® Converter is a flexible and adjustable energy supply for either small sensitive systems or for example as a shore supply for vessels during long-term stays at berth. The solution can also be used as, for example, a backup system for data centers, universities or other productions that have a large energy consumption and cannot risk downtime due to an unstable power grid.
With adjustable voltage and frequency options, equipment and vessels can be supplied with energy, even if they are not adapted to local conditions. This means, for example, that vessels can keep electrical equipment running during port stays, even with off diesel generators on board. This improves air quality and helps the environment.
Read more about the benefits of ECOPAC® Converter and the technical specifications below:
About CS electric
- Part of Caverion with 224 locations in 10 countries
- A variety of customers including Maersk, DFDS, Torm, Vestas, Arla, Polar Seafood, Agri-Norcold, Tetrapak, Port Esbjerg, Claus Sørensen Ejendomme, Ballard
- Full-service supplier of technology solutions – we handle everything from project management, design, engineering, purchasing, production, installation and commissioning to testing and final delivery
- Consultancy in connection with energy optimization, retrofitting of existing systems, development of new systems, installation tasks, troubleshooting, global service concepts or new spare parts
- Energy optimizing and CO2-reducing solutions for ships
- Award-winning, flexible and mobile shore power solutions for ports – both conventional and green fuels
- Microgrid electricity solutions for productions, data centers, universities, etc.
- Automation solutions for marine, industry and energy
- Customized service agreements
- Delivery of spare parts and components
Hydrogen solution for shore power
The world's first hydrogen solution for shore power
In 2021, Port of Esbjerg entered into an agreement with CS electric to supply the world's first hydrogen solution for shore power. Port of Esbjerg already has CO2 neutral power and with the forthcoming new onshore hydrogen solution for shore power, surplus energy from wind turbines is also used, which is converted from green hydrogen to electricity that the ships in the port can receive. Thus, the port and CS electric help to put not only Esbjerg, as an energy metropolis, but the whole of Denmark on the world map.
“Being able to digitize the entire supply chain from the production of hydrogen to the supply of electricity to the ships is part of making the Port of Esbjerg carbon neutral. Here, shore power from the fuel cell is an important part, and the project with CS electric A/S is epoch-making for the practical use of P2X”, says Dennis Jul Pedersen, CEO at Port of Esbjerg.